Tim Hawes Resume8012 Rambling Hills Dr
Morrisville, NC 27560
Ph. 919-261-6792 Cell 919-656-2135
Linux Systems Administrator
Employing Expertise in Linux Systems Administration and Coding
A highly technically-skilled professional expert with Linux, Solaris, Perl, Python, PHP and C++, adept with designing and maintaining solutions for organizational efficiency, productivity and profitability. A senior Systems Programmer with a proven track record converting requirements from business managers, engineers, and marketing staff into cost-effective, on-time, maintainable solutions, such as Content Management, E-Commerce and advanced web server technologies.
- High Technical Aptitude
- Systems Administration & Coding
- Solutions Development, Problem-solving
- Analysis, Design and Programming
- Attention to Details, Organization
- Creativity, Conceptualization
- Leadership and Management
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills
Linux Systems Administration ,C++, C, Java, C Sharp, Managed C++, Object Oriented Programming, UNIX, Solaris, Linux, Solaris Systems Administration,, UNIX Shell, PHP, Perl, PostgreSQL, Apache, Python, Zope, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, SQL Query Language, and Windows 2000
VIRSCIDIAN INC., Raleigh, NC
Senior Systems Administrator, 2009 – Present
- Design and implement development environment on ESXI Virtual Server, including several instances of Debian Linux, and Windows 2003/2008 Server.
- Provide support and solutions for automation, and backup.
NOVADINE INC., Raleigh, NC
Senior Systems Admin / Programmer, 2006 – 2009
- Write software for restaurants that provide online ordering for corporate using Python for program and Linux System Administration.
- Perform high traffic maintenance 24/7.
ROCKWELL AUTOMATION, Cary , NC
Senior Programmer. 2005 – 2006
- Customized software to pharmaceutical companies according to their needs and specifications. Programmed software for bookkeeping, inventory control and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products. Used C++ and Python.
PROCOM SERVICES, Morrisville, NC
Technical Lead. 2004 – 2005
- Instructed and led the Comptia Linux+ Certification class for twenty students with a 90% first test success rate.
- Provided leadership to project teams and created application architecture, database design, multi-platform network security, custom code and infrastructure design.
ACC STAFFING, Raleigh, NC
Senior Systems Programmer. 2003 – 2004
- Built a process that quickly enabled clients to migrate web sites onto Linux on the Mainframe and Designed and wrote a UNIX based web application that enabled clients to upload MS Access files for loading into an Oracle database using C++ and PHP.
- In less than a week, wrote a web/database application that allowed team members to keep track of the status of various web sites that were to be migrated.
CIBER, INC. Raleigh, NC
Senior Systems Programmer. 1998 – 2003
- Wrote numerous C++ components, increasing the efficiency of web applications, and content management systems. This includes an event-driven SAX XML parser, various CGI classes, LDAP connectivity classes, and multi-threaded client-server applications.
- Provided many solutions writing CGI programs in C, C++, Perl, and shell, reducing the total cost of ownership of existing systems.
- Greatly reduced the time it had taken to port C++ projects to other platforms by writing ISO Standard C++ programs that compile without alterations on Solaris, Windows, and Linux.
- Ported legacy applications to Microsoft .NET using unmanaged and managed C++ code together. Wrote Web – based applications using Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, and PostgreSQL.
DIGITAL CONTROLS CORP. Springboro, OH
Web Developer / UNIX Administrator. 1997-1998
- Performed Systems Administration of Sun Solaris, HP/UX and Linux machines for the development team.
- As a result of researching the Information Technology market to best direct marketing efforts for LP Plus UNIX printing manager, LP Plus became the first software of its kind to be ported to Linux.
- Increased sales revenue by creating and administering a web site that recorded customer information for follow-up sales calls.
EDICT SYSTEMS. Dayton, OH
Technical Support Technician. 1996 – 1997
- Performed phone support for EDI applications and wrote application tables for ANSI standard EDI for electronic transmission of EDI data.
- Developed and administrated UNIX web servers for promoting Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) applications and for support using HTML, CGI and Perl scripting.